Here’s what to cook quickly before that early morning zoom meeting you have, a couple of “Fancy” Dahi Toast with curry leaves chonk/tempering on top. Now don’t go judging that how can curry leaves go well with a sandwich 🧐, well you are in for a surprise because the crunch of the fried curry leaves add another dimension to the over all flavour
Dahi Toast with Tempered Curry LeavesCourse: Uncategorized
- For tempering
1-2 tbsp olive oil
10-15 curry leaves
1 tbsp mustard seeds
- For the coriander chutney
1/2 bunch coriander leaves
2 tbsp lime juice
1 whole green chilli
salt to taste
- For the filling
1 Capsicum thinly sliced
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar (optional if unavailable)
1/2 cup full cream yogurt or greek yogurt
1 finely chopped green chillies
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- For the sandwich
6 slices of white sandwich bread or sourdough bread
1 tbsp butter
- In a small pan heat olive oil and add mustard seeds to it. Let them splutter and then add the curry leaves to the pan and let it cook for a minute to achieve a crunchy feel. Remove from heat.
- Toss all the green chutney ingredients in a food processor and blend to grind it into a grainy consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan and sautè the capsicum for 3-4 mins on medium heat. Add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to it as per taste and add this mix to the bowl with the yogurt. Mix well to incorporate everything into the yogurt. Taste and adjust the salt.
- Add yogurt, green chilies, coriander, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to a bowl.
- Smear desired yogurt mix (the more the better ) on three slices of bread and cover them with the remaining three bread slices.
- Heat a grill pan (if available or a large thick bottom pan) on. medium heat. Grease the pan with some butter and place the sandwiches on the pan. Find something heavy to apply pressure on the sandwich from top to achieve consistent golden grill. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Cut the sandwiches in the middle and top with the mustard seed tempering and serve hot with coriander chutney on the side.